Newbie from Cape Town - advice required on Equinox 800

• 6 Replies

Wayne W

• 'Seek and Ye shall find"
  • Detector: Equinox 800
Hi all, I have decided to join the Clan... I want to place an order (on this site) for a Minelab Equixox 800, but first wanted some advise/feedback. I live in Durbanville Cape Town and want to hunt when I go camping once a month, usually on private farms. I also go up to Clanwilliam once every few months, and want to hunt the dam area. I however want the option of some beach/surf hunting because of where I live. I was initially going to go for the Garret AT Max, but read some of the posts talking about the Equinox 800. Any advice  is appreciated.

Paul van Heerden

• Detecting Noob
  • Detector: Garrett ATPro, Cscope CS4PI
The 800 does well as a relic and beach machine. You won't go wrong getting one. I have the 600 and like it a lot
Paul

Wayne W

Thanks Paul, much appreciated !

SCRUcc

• Detector: EQ 800 XTerra705 SeaHunter 2 Ace 400i Propointer AT
Fully agree with Paul, very nice and capable all-rounder, "amphibious"...meaning you can go dry beach - wet beach - underwater and out again without needing to do any adjustments...good value for money...
The unit is also starting to be known for pulling keepers from previously hunted-out inland sites...

Wayne W

Thanks for the confirmation. I ordered it today, and cant wait for my first hunt..

Chris Twine

• Founder
  • Detector: CTX3030, Equinox
Thank you for ordering through our store Wayne, your business is much appreciated.

Your machine will be shipped out shortly and soon soon you will have a great machine in your hands.

I too have the Equinox, and I seem to be using it more than my incredible trusty CTX3030! Its that good of a machine.

I cant wait to see what you find using the machine, please keep us updated.

Wayne W

Thanks for the great service Chris !

Metal Detecting Forums South Africa

Re: Newbie from Cape Town - advice required on Equinox 800
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 09:31 PM »