Author Topic: Hallo from the Free State  (Read 120 times)

Deserthuntr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 2
  • Detector: Garrett 400i
Hallo from the Free State
« on: November 21, 2017, 09:58 PM »
Hi Everyone

Thank you for accepting me on the forum. This hobby is really interesting me so I have decided to start researching a few things. I would like to spend no more than R7000 and if the bug continues to bite I will save up for a more professional one. Want to hunt on old war sites and dry beach sand. What would you recommend please? I like the Garrett Euro Ace or Ace400i. See that some people also mention Fisher metal detectors. What would be a wise decision be with regards to simplicity, functionality, efficacy, after sales service etc? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Looking forward to hear from you. Happy hunting.

Ian
Bethlehem

Paul van Heerden

• Detecting Noob
  • Liked: 598
  • Detector: Garrett ATPro, Cscope CS4PI
Re: Hallo from the Free State
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 07:44 AM »
Welcome to the forum!!! With R7000 you have a good selection of awesome starter machines to get you going. There are several of the Garrett machines that are within your price range. I have always had Garrett, so i like their products. I used to have the Ace 250 which is an awesome machine. I bought the larger 8.5X11" coil though for it, as I found the stock coil just too small for my liking.There are also several Fisher and Teknetics machines that you could look at.

There are a few places to try. If you want a Garret MD, then you will have to go through Doculam in Durban. Click on the banner at the top of the page. if you want a fisher or teknetics detector, then you can speak to Wolfgang at http://www.metaldetectors4africa.com/. You could also call Henry Clapton at http://treasurequesttreasures.co.za/. Both these guys will be able to give you some excellent advice on what to buy

I would not buy some cheap detector (like under R2500). You will be disappointed and will not like the hobby)

Here is a website for some reviews and comparisons.   https://www.bestmetaldetectorreview.com/
Paul

Brendan

• Liked: 459
  • Detector: GARRETT AT Pro/ MINELAB X-TERRA 305 / GARRETT ACE 250
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 09:01 PM »
Hi Ian. Welcome to the forum.

Cheers and Happy Hunting :)

Deserthuntr

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 09:11 PM »
Thank you very much Paul. After some reading I think the ACE 300i is the 9ne for me. Anyone using that model?

Paul van Heerden

• Detecting Noob
  • Liked: 598
  • Detector: Garrett ATPro, Cscope CS4PI
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 08:18 AM »
Thank you very much Paul. After some reading I think the ACE 300i is the 9ne for me. Anyone using that model?

Pleasure! I haven't really heard much about it, but I am sure it will work out just fine for you. I like that it has a VDI display
Paul

Deserthuntr

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 01:19 PM »
Hi Ian. Welcome to the forum.

Cheers and Happy Hunting :)

Thanks a lot Brendan! Still have a bit of saving to do before I buy but hope to have one before Christmas!

Can't wait to start.

Chris Twine

• Liked: 131
  • Founder
  • Detector: CTX3030, CZ21
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 01:42 PM »
Welcome to the forums, hope you get the machine soon and look forward to seeing some of your finds.

Metal Detecting Forums South Africa

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 01:42 PM »