Author Topic: It made pshiiit with a little smoke : help me for a surf pi 1.2 kit  (Read 675 times)

Gamike

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Liked: 0
  • Detector: surf pi 1.2
  • Location: france
Hello,

I built a metal detector based on a surf kit pi 1.2.
Once finished, putting it into service, I heard a little "clack" and saw a little smoke coming out of the place I surrounded ...


I surrounded another place in the photo because I saw on some sites that there was a bridge sometimes at this place. Is that the case ? should I add it?

I will need your help to know if I made mistakes in some places.
Thank you.

Here are the other images of the mounted kit.

PS: I'm French, try not to use too specific language ...







Paul van Heerden

  • Detecting Noob
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • *
  • Posts: 3103
  • Liked: 623
  • Detector: Garrett ATPro, Cscope CS4PI
  • Location: Pietermaritzburg
Paul

Gamike

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Liked: 0
  • Detector: surf pi 1.2
  • Location: france
Yes, thank you. I read it but I'm not so technical...
Nobody sees something wrong ? What should I start ? capacitor, resistance?

Paul van Heerden

  • Detecting Noob
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • *
  • Posts: 3103
  • Liked: 623
  • Detector: Garrett ATPro, Cscope CS4PI
  • Location: Pietermaritzburg
I'm sorry....but I am really not an electrical guy. You can try the Geotech forum. They are all quite good at this stuff

https://www.geotech1.com/forums/forum.php
Paul

Gamike

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Liked: 0
  • Detector: surf pi 1.2
  • Location: france
Hello,

After much research, I found my problem and now it's okay. I check the tension as it says in another post, on CI, and it's good. But when I connect, there is no sound. When I check the voltage across the coil, I have nothing. no current. Can you help me ? an idea ?

Gamike

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Liked: 0
  • Detector: surf pi 1.2
  • Location: france
Hello,
You're right, I was a little shamed to be two times in a row on a basic problem of inverting power terminals ...
So I plugged in again, removing the ICs and I inserted them again. There are the correct voltages (+ 5V and -5V) ... Eureka.
Since then, I made my reel. It also works (the batteries had become too weak to power them, it was only that).
Now, I have to try to set everything up. I set the first delay (blue) to reach a voltage of 0V. The second seems much less easy. I do not know what to do. By screwing the wheel, you finally hear a click, but I do not know whether to go from there or unscrew completely.
Currently, there is a parasitic sound as soon as I move the coil, even outdoors; in addition, the detection is not extraordinary. I made a reel on this model (http://www.adrianandgenese.com/blogg...rom-a-diy-kit/)
I think to change the wires that connect the coil to the CI with coaxial cable, I saw that it was better. After, if you have ideas for settings or tell me how to adjust the delay, I want!

Thank you for all your advice anyway, without you I would have waded more.

Metal Detecting Forums South Africa